Monday, March 26, 2012

I Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself

I'm so glad that some people take the time to actually get to know the real me for who I truly am. That helps in instances when people like Mason are messaging people around me, I'm guessing in an attempt to make them dislike me. What he failed to realize, though, is those that do know me won't give him the time of day nor believe his shit. After he messaged Sven, Sven messaged him back telling him "hm. Who should I believe? A man that I have no clue who you are, or R, a girl that I know?" and told him not to message him, me, or anyone that I know ever again (good looking out, Sven). That must have hurt Mason's ego, because he messaged Sven back with some childish, smart-ass response along the lines of "whatever, tough guy. I'll message who ever I want" and then blocked Sven on Facebook. Sven and I both sarcastically agree that you aren't someone until you've been blocked on Facebook by someone you don't know...the next quest will be to get blocked by someone you actually do know, and then you'll really be somebody. I love Sven. He makes me laugh. We still get lost in our hours-long conversations, losing track of time and everything around us. "Well why the hell don't y'all just get back together?" one would ask. Would we like to rekindle the flame? It's a mutual yes, because the flame seems to have never gone out. You never know what the future holds, but for now, things are fine as they are. Sven has mentioned several times that he feels bad about us breaking up, and I appreciate his remorse over all that happened, yet I don't want him to associate with me out of guilt or anything. He's stated several times how much he misses me (and I've told him the same), but I want the miss to be about me, not out of feeling bad because of the issues that broke us up. Only time will tell how this scenario will play out. He sent me another Facebook friend request, and I've added him again. For now, we're just taking our time, enjoying each other with no pressures from either side.

My dear Justin is an ass. I woke up the other day to a missed call (I hadn't deleted him from my phone yet) and a voicemail from him. When I checked my messages, thinking it was something important for him to be calling me being he has no reason to since he has a girlfriend, all I heard was a bunch of jumbled talking and static. After a moment, I realized that he must've not deleted me from his phone and did an accidental pocket dial. I text him asking if he realized that his phone had done that, and his reply was "no. who is this?" What the hell do you mean "who is this?". It's been 2 weeks, and obviously you hadn't deleted me from your phone for you to have pocket dialed me, but you're asking "who is this?". Dumb ass. I responded telling him it didn't matter who this was, I just wanted to let him know that he's pocket dialing and to take care. He responded that he knew it was me, he was sorry about the pocket dial and he hopes I'm doing ok. I didn't respond. Why bother and waste my time? I bet he felt stupid when, or if, he realized that I knew he couldn't have pocket dialed me unless my number was still in his phone. That just further shows me how immature and idiotic he is, and I'm glad I dodged that bullet.

Not much to speak about in the dating world at this time. To be completely honest, I haven't given much thought (maybe for the first time in my life) to dating lately. I've been so pre-occupied with buying my house (I move next month!! Yay me!), and started working a second job, there hasn't been much room nor time to think about much else. Okay, the reason for the second job is that, inspite of some of my bad decisions in men, I am a realist in other facets. The second job is only part-time and temporary. My primary job will take care of the bills, and the second job is so I can furnish my new place with new furniture and fix it up just the way I want it. I have an apartment full of furniture now, but something about moving into a new place, actually buying a house, makes me want to deck it out. I've picked up little things here and there already, like a little doggie statue with a "welcome" sign hanging in its mouth, for my front porch, and been scoping out backyard lawn furniture, a kitchen table set, new livingroom furniture, new bedroom sets...oh, I'm not giving up my california-king-sized-double-pillowtop bed in my bedroom yet, but it's time to upgrade for the other rooms. I've even considered coming into the high-tech world and investing in a flatscreen TV for my livingroom. I'm so old fashioned in that aspect, I still have the box TVs. Hey, they work, and nowadays, I can get a bigscreen big box for dirt cheap, so, why change it? I'm not trying to win a popularity contest for the most high-def equipment. The way I see it, these play just fine, the color quality and picture are in tact, everything works on them, so why in the world would I come off of hundreds of unnecessary dollars for a television when the technology on it will be near extinction within a couple of years and the "next best thing" will be the rave and spend hundreds of dollars on that, when I've got all of the quality I need in $60 32inch big boxes? I've had the one in my livingroom for years (I paid a few hundred dollars then when I bought it for my ex-husband), and the one in my bedroom was a gift after my 27 inch blew out. I feel the same way about blueray. My regular DVD players work just fine. Like I said, if I do invest in the 52inch flatscreen I've got my eye on, that will be a major splurge for me, and probably the last thing on my list to get. No offense to anyone that feels the need to keep up with the times, that's just my personal belief. Either way, little by little I'll have my house just the way I want it. I'm not too keen on the carpet in there now, it's like an ugly beige early 80's type of carpet, but I'll eventually replace it. I'm thinking something along the lines of cherrywood stained linoleum. With me having dogs, the whole "carpet" idea isn't really my forte anyway. The previous owners had a built-in surround cherrywood-looking book shelf/computer desk installed (that was one of my "fell in love with" key points...that, and the huge privacy-fenced backyard), and the kitchen and bathrooms have recently been remodeled/updated, so other than the carpet, I probably won't do too much to the house itself. Oh, and I'll eventually replace the stove. It's a bit outdated too. For the time being, though, as long as all of the electric burners and the oven work, I'm not in a hurry.

I'm excited. Can you see why dating hasn't been a priority? If I'd taken people's advice a long time ago and found something to keep my mind occupied (like I have now), I probably wouldn't have gone through half the shit with men that I've gone through. As a matter of fact I know I wouldn't have. Something about when you strive for more in life, people that are "beneath" you at that point don't really matter anymore, and you don't want to deal with anyone that's not on the same wave length or higher. Yes, I've got a bit of a case of the "big head" now. Not that I think I'm better than anyone, but I'm definitely better than the shit I've allowed myself to go through when it comes to men. I can't really blame them all the way, because if my standards were higher than what they'd been, then I would've said "see ya" without a second thought the moment shit started going south. "You're how old and you have what?" "I'm doing this, this, and this with my life, what are you doing with yours?" "I hope to accomplish this by this time, what are you accomplishing?" Yeah, with this step in my life, my standards just got a little higher.

Eventually I'll get to a point again where I'm lonesome, and my song and dance may change by the time I move, start getting comfortable in my new place, and the newness and excitement of being a homeowner starts to wear off, but I'm enjoying this little cloud that I'm on right now. No worries, no problems. I take that back, I do have problems...99 of them, but right now, a man ain't one.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment