Friday, December 23, 2011

Did I Say "Usually"?

I spent a total of 1 year & 2 months in MacTown. The month after the break up with Anthony, I got a new apartment, and decided to make the best of my living situation. I lived a fairly sheltered life in Texas. My dad is a pretty well known preacher in that state, so, I tried my best (even though I wasn't very successful) to avoid the "PK" stereotype. In Oklahoma, where he isn't so prominent, I felt the freedom to do as I pleased without any recourse. So, I set out to do something I'd never done before...really let my hair down.

Now, being that I'd never had a 1 night stand before...ever..., I didn't know then what I know now, that a 1 night stand means just that, and afterwards there's no exchanging numbers or keeping in touch with the person. That defeats the nature of its being...a 1 night stand.

MacTown gives a choice of 2 "mainstream" clubs..1 hip hop/contemporary, the other a country bar. Even though I like alot of country (it had to grow on me), I was far more into hip hop/contemporary music at the time. So, I made sure I looked as cute as I could..a lace floral blouse, with a fitted blue jean skirt, and some cute little slide-on backless pumps. I was newly single, and on the rebound. Since I didn't know anyone except my co-workers (whom I wouldn't cross the "social" line with), I was swinging it alone, which was fine with me, because I had the confidence to pull it off. I walked in, looked around for a second, and then made a beeline for the bar. Keep in mind that MacTown's population is roughly 8,000, so this club's capacity of maybe 75 people was a good number, and it catered to straight & gay. I didn't realize it immediately, it took me seeing what I thought was a girl and a guy that turned out to be a girl and a girl making out at the far end of the bar. Back then, my version of a "strong" drink was a white russian, so I guzzled the first 3, and nursed the fourth before I was comfortable enough to make my way around the perameters of the club.
*Keep in mind, I'm from Texas where the alcohol is served at a much higher volume (i.e. 6 point beer..in Oklahoma, it's only 3 point) so it took alot more before my body began to register that there was alcohol actually entering my system*
By this time, several guys were starting to look good to me, but I had to be careful since I didn't know their sexual orientation. Side note: I have a gay brother, so my "gaydar" is usually on target, but I'd never had to turn it on in a "mixed" club, nor under the influence of alcohol. But, one thing I learned about MacTown, the gay men will let you know they are gay. So, there I am, walking around the dance floor with my drink in hand, starting to feel the music, and may have had a little sway going on. I did this for maybe all of 10 minutes before I made my way back to the bar to get another drink. I wasn't expecting "Job" to be at the bar. I'm pretty sure the alcohol had kicked in by now, but everything about Job screamed that he was neither gay, nor from those parts. He was tall, slender, goatee-like-I-like them, strawberry blonde, gorgeous sparkling green eyes, an amazing tan that was so obvious you could tell even in the darkness of the club, and I could tell he had a 6-pack under that button-down polo..physical perfection at it's best. A total babe. Yes, I stared. He caught me. And when he flashed that "perfect" smile at me, something told me I was in for a night like I'd never experienced before. So, I don't know why I was a bit surprised when he started a conversation with me:

Him: Hey there. You having a good night so far?
Me: Yep, and I think it's about to get better (ok, so, the alcohol had in fact kicked in)
Him: Good. What are you drinking?
Me: A white russian
Him: (to the bar tender) A white russian for the lady and a draft for me
Me: Well, thank you.
Him: No problem. The least I can do for one of the most beautiful ladies I've seen since I've been here
        (Ah, so he wasn't from these parts...this is just getting better and better)
Me: Well, I appreciate that. Where are you from?

Conversation went on like that over the next 2 drinks. I didn't want to guzzle those, because I was enjoying his company too much. Found out Job worked for a major oil company and was in town finalizing some things on some nearby drilling sites. I can't remember anything else he told me, because at that point, I was beyond tipsy..I think I was flat out drunk. I think he could tell, too, because after we finished our 2 drinks together, he asked me if I drove, and if I wanted to get out of there (of course I remember that). I did drive, he hadn't. Says he'd rode with some co-workers, but he didn't see them anymore.
*I am fervently anti-DWI...please don't ever do that!!*
In my stupidity (under the influence of alcohol) I offered to drive him back to his hotel. By 1 in the morning, MacTown roads are all but deserted (except the main highway), and the club was only 5 minutes from his hotel, so I said a little prayer and thankfully we made it there without any incident. He told me that I should just stay the night with him because he didn't think I should be trying to drive home in my condition. I agreed. We made it up to his room where he offered me a beer or some water. I was already drunk, so I declined the beer, but took him up on the water offer. I had started to sober up about 5 minutes into being there, because I wanted to remember everything about this man. He was too gorgeous to forget. He brought me a plastic hotel cup of ice water, and popped open his beer, then sat next to me on his bed. Lets just say his beer never got drank, and neither did my water.

We almost immediately started in on some heavy making out (gosh, he was so good with his mouth), clothes started coming off, and I knew what was to follow when he started fumbling through the nightstand looking for a condom. I'll spare you all of the in-between details of it and just say when I woke up around 7 that morning, I turned over, and he was still gorgeous. He was snoring lightly, so I tried my best not to disturb him when I got up. The curtains were closed so it was kind of dark in his room as I fiddled through the pile of clothes on the floor looking for my undergarments. Right about then, his hotel phone rang, and I froze. It startled me, but I didn't expect him to realize it was ringing. He did, and with his eyes still closed, turned over to answer it. I think he was oblivious to me being there. He muttered something about being "Mark" (wtf?? I thought your name was Job?) and he'll "be there in an hour". I was hurrying to put my clothes on by that time, and I guess he realized at that point that I was there, cause he sat up on his elbows and said "goodmorning beautiful. So, you weren't going to even tell me goodbye?" I walked over to him, kissed him on his forehead, and left...just like that.

Remember I said that 1 night stands were meant to be just for 1 night? well, 2 days later, I decided that I'd pay him a visit again, but when I called the hotel to be transferred to his room, I found out he'd checked out the same day I'd left him.

That's the last I've ever seen or heard from Job...or Mark...or whatever his real name was.

No comments:

Post a Comment