Thursday, January 5, 2012

Maybe...Just Maybe...

I was quite surprised that Jones looked better in person than he did in his pictures. When I first arrived at his house, he gave me a big hug like we'd known each other forever and just hadn't seen each other in a while. It felt good to be embraced, a nice, warm, comfortable, sincere embrace. I hadn't had that in so long, I'd forgotten what it felt like. Not even Daniel had given me hugs like that. Jones and I spent the evening talking and getting to know each other. This is the time that I found out alot about him, like the fact that he had 3 kids (the 3rd child's mother didn't want him to have anything to do with the child), and that raised a red flag because I wondered what could be so bad as to why a mother would deny a child their father. The more he talked, the more I realized that maybe trying to make more that a friendship out of this would not be wise. He did have a pretty good job, but he was also into alot of women, and they were obviously into him because his phone kept going off while I was there. Judging from his suaveness, I could see how.

I thought that maybe I could get over Daniel by dealing with Jones, but it just wasn't happening. I tried the method "the best way to get over a person is to get under another person" and would even drive to his town to pick him up to come visit me in Suburbia (Jones didn't have a functioning car..one of those "my car's in the shop" situations). This went on for a few weeks before I realized that Jones wasn't relationship material, and even this "rebound" mentality wasn't working. I guess my intuitive instincts knew this, and that's why he did little to ease my feelings for Daniel.

Christmas day came, Daniel and I hadn't spoken since our break up almost 2 months prior, so I sent him a mere "Merry Christmas". He text back and asked how I was doing. What? He's furthering communication? I got happy over the fact that he didn't just send back a greeting but asked how I was. I told him I was doing great (couldn't let him know I'd been pining over him all that time), and asked about him and Lizzie. He said they were fine, but he was bored because Lizzie was staying at some family's house for the holiday, and he'd come home to an empty house. Why is he giving me all of this information? Was this his way of giving a subtle hint that I should come over? I took advantage of the situation and asked if he had any plans to which he replied that he didn't. Lovely. I invited him to go drinking with me, to which he accepted. Y E S S S S!!! In all of the time he and I were together, we'd never been out alone, and now that we've broken up, he's okay going drinking with me. I didn't care. I was just too excited that I was finally going to get some one-on-one time with him in public.

I put on my tightest most form-fitting jeans, my cutest form fitting long-sleeve (it was cold) black blouse, my thigh-high high heel boots, and my santa clause hat that says "bah humbug". My make up was perfect, my hair was in place, and I looked stunning. I also took a small sprig of mistletoe with me, just in case the holiday spirit was high enough to stand under it with him. When I arrived at his house, his eyes bugged and he kept complimenting the way I looked. I must also add that I'd lost 10 pounds and toned up some since I'd seen him last. I reveled in his praises, and took the opportunity to pull out the mistletoe. Talk about a kiss for the ages! When we finally pulled away (we almost wound up not going anywhere if I'd let his hands have their way), we jumped in his van, and went to one of the most hopping bars in the area. I drank, and danced, drank some more, danced some more, while he sat at the table watching and drinking. He refused to dance with me, so I grabbed one of the girls that was on the dance floor, and she and I did a little "dirty dancing" together while I made suggestive motions to him. He just sat there smiling and watching.

I don't remember much after my 4th drink or so (found out I was drinking the kind of drinks that "sneak up" on you), I just remember him saying I'd had enough and we needed to go. I also remember voluntarily giving him one of the best blow jobs a drunk girl can muster while he was driving back to his house. After I finished, he had to pull over for a bit to get his whits about him again, and that's when I swung the door open and threw up. Gross, I know, but better while he was stopped than while he was driving and puking all over his van. By the time we got back to his house, I had sobered up a bit, and we were tearing each other's clothes off on the way to his bedroom. I can't say I ever remember sex with him being better than it was that night.

The next morning when I woke up, he was already awake and watching TV in his livingroom. I tried to get a little "morning after" mood going, but he'd suddenly turned kind of cold with his attitude. Not in a rude way, but in a way that said "lastnight shouldn't have happened". I took the cue, got dressed, and left his house. I have to admit, I felt a little used, but I put myself in that situation, so I had no one to blame but myself. I sent him a text later that day that said "had a blast..thanks for lastnight" to which he just replied with a smiley face.

I had to work later that morning, so I did my best to get myself together as fast as I could. Glad that I didn't have a hangover, I made it through the day without incident. Later that night as I was heading to the gym (it's a 24 hour gym), I got a text from an unknown number. Who the fudge is this? I text back asking as such, and then got the text "Oh you forgot about me. This is Junior". Great. This is just what I need right now. I text back that I hadn't heard from him in so long I didn't recognize the number. He replied that he's in town working again and wanted to see me. I hadn't seen Junior in over a year, and hadn't heard from him in several months. I told him that I was on my way to the gym, and maybe some other time. I still had my sights set on Daniel being nice and letting me spend New Years (which was less than a week away) with Lizzie...or being even nicer, and the 3 of us spending it together.

Junior asked me on a daily basis about coming to see him, to which each time I was either at the gym, or too tired from work. I really didn't feel like being bothered with him. After all, I was never interested in him before, so there was nothing that would make me think I'd be interested in him then. I had a change of heart after New Years. When I text Daniel on New Year's Eve to see about Lizzie, he replied that she was at some family's house and he was going out with some friends. I literally begged him to let me bring the year in with her, but he was adamant about not letting that happen. After I got off work that night, I drove to his house, and parked down the street, intending to find out where Daniel was going, and who he was going with. There was another car I didn't recognize parked in his driveway. I made his block a few times, waiting to see if he was really going out, or if he just had female company and was in for the night. I didn't have to wait long. About my fourth time making the block, I saw him and someone emerge from his house (I couldn't make out the person's gender..it was too dark), and on my way back around to try to follow him, he went the opposite direction of the way I expected him to, and I lost him. Sucked for my psychotic ass. At 12:00, I was busy driving to all of the bars I thought Daniel might be at, but he wasn't at any of them, so I finally gave up and drove towards home. On my way, I shot Junior a "happy new year" text. He replied the same and asked if I wanted a beer. I did at that point. Maybe not a beer, but any kind of alcohol would suffice at that time. I found out what hotel he was at (another extended stay..different from the one we were at before), and drove over there, holding back the tears from my loss. On my drive, I determined that I had to let Daniel and Lizzie go. It obviously wasn't meant to be between us, and nothing I could do would change that, so with the new year, it was time for a new start, and time to release them.

 When I got to Junior's hotel room, he greeted me with his usual loudness, and a big hug. I wasn't as thrilled to see him, but had decided that if I couldn't be with the one I loved, then I might as well love the one I'm with...well, maybe not love the one I'm with, but make the best of it. Junior and I sat in his hotel room talking and drinking, and I actually did enjoy myself. I was a little tipsy by the time I was ready to go, and he offered for me to spend the night. I declined, but I was glad my night hadn't been a total waste.

I found out that night that Junior wasn't a half-bad guy, and when he walked me to my truck, I allowed him to kiss me. Wow. Suddenly, I forgot who Daniel even was. As I allowed myself to relish in the feel of Junior's lips on mine, I imagined that maybe we could be good friends, and spending time with him while he was in town may not be as bad as I thought. Little did I know or expect what I was in for....

No comments:

Post a Comment