Friday, January 6, 2012

Pinnochio Is A Real, Living Boy

Ah, Caleb. The breath of fresh air from the smog and polution I'd recently started inhaling. The chivalrous. The noble. The gorgeous. The church boy. My first date with Caleb was beyond describable. Springtime was almost over and summer was on the brink, so I was able to dress in a "you'll see just enough to make you wonder" type of outfit. My toe-out high heels came out, my outside-of-work personality came on. Caleb had seen me at my worst (hey, I don't make it a habit of looking "cute" when I'm hauling boxes of toilet paper off of storage shelves), and now, he was about to see me at my "almost" best. I was eager for this dinner outing, being that he wasted no time in asking me out, I could only hope that he was as interested in me as I was in finding out about him.

I called Junior, told him that I was going out with some friends, and I'd catch him later. He sounded disappointed, because he said he'd cooked dinner for me (he had a kitchenette in his room). I felt a little bad, but thinking about "honey bunny" quickly made me reconsider those bad feelings, and think that after that night, I may not ever have to think about it anymore. I agreed to meet Caleb at his house, and we'd ride to the restaurant together.

To say that Caleb and I clicked would be an understatement. We easily chatted for hours, and never ran out of things to talk about. On the way out of the restaurant, he gently grabbed my hand. This sent chills up my spine, because I knew he was feeling comfortable with me, and it was a sign that he was definitely interested. When we arrived back at his house, he gave me a gentle kiss goodnight, and asked when he could see me again. We made plans to get together in 2 days (my off day), and spend the entire day together. My drive home was filled with giggles, and I thought this might be the start of something wonderful. Okay, yes, I used to have a tendency to get overly excited extremely quick..I just couldn't help it sometimes.

My time with Junior began dwindling, and my time with Caleb was increasing to an almost every-other-day event. He had introduced me to his parents, was taking me out on a regular basis, and was displaying all of the signs of being into me. I was beyond into him, so this was a good sign for me. My body was extremely responsive to his touch, and my hormones went berserk when we'd kiss. What turned me on even more, was when I attempted to take our make-out sessions to the next level, he'd stop me, telling me that he respected me too much, and didn't want to go there with me. BAZING!! I've hit the jackpot! Never before had I had a man turn me down for sex. I was in serious like, then. (I finally succeeded in, what he called, "raping" him one day. He said I disrespected his wishes to not have sex..even though his body was in total agreement. I know he enjoyed it, at least his body did, but he acted like he was mad at me for it, and barely talked to me for a while)

One day as we were cavorting around the pond on his property, feeding the fish, and attempting to throw each other in, his phone rang. When he answered it, I thought nothing of it, the conversation was a casual "hey, how are you? I'm busy right now, I'll have to get back to you later", and that was the end of it. Not only was he willing to answer his phone in front of me, but he got off the phone to be with me. Could this get any better? Not hardly. Caleb and I had become Myspace friends, and I'd noticed that one particular girl would leave comments on his page saying things like "I miss you" and "Can't wait to see you again" with the x's and o's. Me, being me, I clicked on her page, which wasn't private, and noticed that she lived in Nevada, but she was from his town in Oklahoma. I viewed a few of the comments on her page, and noticed Caleb had recently written that he missed her, and couldn't wait to see her again. I figured that maybe she was just an old friend, and I dismissed it as such. How could it be anything more when we were always together, and when we weren't, we were either texting each other or on the phone together? R, don't start tripping. You see something that could be nothing, and your brain automatically wants to go into "red alert". One day, I casually asked Caleb who the girl was. He told me she was a girl he used to work with that had moved away with her new husband, and they used to be really good friends. Okay, that was enough for me. It made sense, and the messages could've just been reflective of their close bond. Plus, she was married, so I really felt no need to ponder on it.

By that time, Junior sensed that something was wrong. He cornered me one day with "who is he?". I played dumb like I didn't know what he was talking about. He said "I'm not stupid. You won't spend time with me anymore, so I know there's another man in the picture, so who is he? You really like him, don't you?" I told Junior he was imagining things, and I was just getting back into my gym routine like I did before I started hanging with him. I could tell he wasn't buying it, but being that Caleb had made no mention yet as to us progressing into anything further, I didn't want to completely shut Junior out if things with Caleb weren't like I hoped for them to be. Junior left it alone, for then. Irony had it, that around the time Junior called me on that, another girl had popped up on Caleb's Myspace page, and he was suddenly putting distance between us. Of course I checked out her page, it was set to private, but I saw enough to know she was stunningly beautiful (she resembled the picture of his ex-wife that his parents still had in their house), and she lived in a town a few miles from where he lived. Who is this chick, and what's going on? I also noticed that Nevada girl's status messages were getting desperate:

"You told me you loved me, and now you're leaving me. I gave all of me to you, and you give nothing in return. How could you do this to me when you know that I love you? I just want to go back to Oklahoma"

I thought she might have been talking about her husband, but suddenly, she deleted Caleb from her page, and all of the comments that she'd posted on his page disappeared. Uh oh. This new girl appears on his page, he puts distance between him and me, she's writing desperate messages on her status, and then she deletes him. Something's not right. I sent her a sincere message, told her I was a friend of Caleb's, and asked if everything was okay with her husband. She sent me a message telling me that she and her husband had been in the process of a divorce for months, and Caleb had broken her heart. I KNEW IT!! We progressed into deeper messages, exchanged information (we even became Myspace friends), and found out that he'd been playing BOTH of us. She told me it was her that called the day we were playing at the fish pond, because we were both able to recount exactly what he said. We even determined how he was balancing things..since she was 2 hours behind our time, she'd be working when he and I were together, and then he'd call her at night when he and I would get off the phone. I found out why he didn't want to sleep with me, too. She had just left from town visiting him 1 day before he and I met, and they'd spent an entire week having sex. That explained it. He was still tired. Yeah (sarcastic). And we both agreed that this new girl looked a hell of alot like his ex-wife. Scary, being that his ex-wife divorced him for cheating on her..something else Nevada girl revealed to me. She also told me that Caleb had called and told her he couldn't talk to her anymore because he was seeing this new girl on his page. Again...I KNEW IT! I told her that I hadn't gotten that message, just less and less communication. It wasn't long before I did, though. He text me one day:

"I'm sorry to do this to you, but I won't be able to see you anymore. I've found the woman that I'm going to marry"

Asshole. He called her, and only sent me a text. Oh, well. He did eventually marry the girl from Myspace, and last I saw (hey, I got curious and looked up her Facebook page), they've started a family together. Nevada girl and I remained in contact for a little while, and were supposed to hang out together when she moved back to Oklahoma. Ha! Caleb's two jilted lovers. That hang out never happened, and we've lost contact.

After these revelations, I figured I might as well get things back to the way they were with Junior. The way he'd been harassing me all that time, I figured "honey bunny" might not have been an issue anymore...but Junior had another trip his company was sending him on.

No comments:

Post a Comment